Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Delicious and Power packed Energy bites



A no-bake energy bites which are a perfect snack post workout. I found these energy bites recipe from Deliciously Ella's blog which has many healthy and unique recipes. I love her blog because they are so simple, easy and there are many different varieties of healthy dishes.
In these bites, I have added oats, which was not in the main recipe. These energy bites are super versatile.You can add your own choice of chocolate chips, peanut butter, desiccated coconut, dried cranberries and so on.


When I saw the recipe, I tried and made around 10- 12 bites, but after seeing the demand for these bites from my husband and daughter the next day I made a big batch. By this time I emptied a big pack of dates. I liked the addition of coconut oil.
My friend always makes different varieties of energy bites. I have tasted them before but never tried making them at home. But when I saw these cuties in Ella's blog, all the ingredients were handy and so here it is on my blog.


These energy bites are super easy to make and will take less time. These are loaded with proteins, fiber and will keep you full and active. Hope you all like this. Try this out and let me know.
Ingredients:
  1. Dates- 2 Cups
  2. Almonds, Pecans, and Pistachios- 1 Cup
  3. Coconut Oil- 1 tbsp
  4. Raw Cacao Powder- 1 tbsp
  5. Oats- 1/2 Cup
  6. Hemp Seeds- 1 tbsp
  7. Chia Seeds- 1 tbsp
  8. Flax Seeds- 1 tbsp

Method:
  1. Powder the nuts in a blender till crumbled well. 
  2. Blend the pitted dates along with hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, oats and raw cacao powder in a food processor till everything gets mixed and powdered.
  3. Add the coconut oil and the powdered nuts along with blended dates mixture for about 1 minute till it forms a sticky dough.
  4. Roll the mixture into little balls and store it in airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy when needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...