Sunday, June 18, 2017

Orange Marmalade- A post on Father’s Day….

                                                       
     
 Happy Father’s day
Today is father’s day and today’s post is one of my dad’s all-time favorite. Whenever my dad goes out for some grocery shopping, if he sees this marmalade, he will grab this one just like kids grab candies. He likes to spread this marmalade on toast and have it along with his morning tea. Whenever I call them, it will be morning tea time there and my mom and dad leisurely while drinking tea they will be talking to me. In between, he will be telling about this marmalade, which he loves a lot and insists me to buy and try one.


One day I thought of surprising him and this is the outcome, a golden yellow colored delicious marmalade is ready. When I showed him, he thought I bought it from the store. When I told him that it’s homemade, he was surprised and the next thing he told was “when you come here we will make a big batch and store it”. I was really happy that I made my dad’s favorite, but he cannot taste it as I am here.
This marmalade is easy to make, just that it’s a bit time-consuming. I started the process in the afternoon and by evening this got over. If kept in the refrigerator this stays fresh for long. Make sure that the glass jars used in the process are sterilized well. To sterilize the jars, dip the glass jars in hot boiling water for some time, take it out and can the marmalade in the jars.




Today for father’s day, I am dedicating this post to my dad. Try this out and let me know
Ingredients:
  1. Oranges- 10 seedless Oranges
  2. Sugar- 3 Cups
  3. Water- 2 Cups
  4. Lemon Juice- 1 no
Method:

  1. Cut the oranges in half and squeeze out the juice completely. Using a sharp knife cut all the orange skin in juliennes.
  2. Take this orange juice and julienned orange skin in a large non-stick pan. Squeeze out the lemon in the large pan along with orange juice and skin.
  3. Add the required amount of sugar and water and cook on a medium flame.
  4. Bring the mixture to a boil. Let it cook uncovered for about 30 minutes on a low flame. By now the orange skin will become soft and well cooked.
  5. Skim off any foam that forms on top. To make sure that it is ready, place a drop of this orange mixture on a plate and keep this in the refrigerator until it’s cool. If it is firm, neither runny nor too hard, it’s done. Now this will be in golden orange color. ( If the marmalade is runny, then cook for some more time and if it is hard, add more water).
  6. Pour the marmalade into clean mason jars, wipe the rims thoroughly using a clean damp towel and store it for up to a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...