Tuesday, May 30, 2017

6 Layer Chocolate, Vanilla layers of cake with Salted caramel sauce covered with Cream Cheese and whipped cream frosting:


My daughter turned 9 on may 27th and like every year I was very excited to bake her birthday cake. The preparations for the cake started 6 months back. We were looking for a different variety of cakes as last year she wanted a gravity defying cake for the birthday party and a mango cake at home and for her 6th birthday it was Barbie cake.

The cakes which I made last year for her birthday..

This time she didn’t prefer anything particular. She wanted a chocolate and vanilla layered cake with white frosting and golden sprinkles on top. As there was nothing particular, I thought of making it little special by making it a lego cake as my daughter is a big lego friends fan.


So I first started searching for some lego cakes and got ideas from different cakes. First I ordered silicone Lego mold from Amazon. Then when it got delivered, I started making the Lego by melting the white chocolate, adding the desired color, pour into the mold and when it becomes hard stored it in ziplock pouch. I made two different colors of Lego blocks as the Lego friends are mostly purple and pink. For purple Lego blocks, I melted purple colored candy melts.  I made a bowl full of legos to cover the cake.
Two days before the birthday I prepared salted caramel sauce from sally’s baking addiction. It came out perfect and I stored it in the refrigerator. The day before the birthday, I started preparing the cakes and layering and filling with caramel sauce. I made the cakes in a rectangle cookie tray so that I wanted a sheet cake and I can cut the cake in half and place the half on top. Like that, I prepared two chocolate cakes and one vanilla cake.


Once the cake layers are done, I made the frosting and did a crumb coat on the cake and then refrigerated the cake for about half an hour. Later I covered the cake using the remaining frosting and kept it in the refrigerator overnight.



On the big day, I decorated the cake with the legos on the sides and on top sprinkled the golden sprinkles. I used some of her real Lego miniatures on top and at last, an amazingly delicious, super soft, moist birthday cake was ready for the party. My daughter was really stunned to see the colorful Lego blocks on the cake, which she never expected. The guests who came for the party enjoyed. Hope you all will like this. This cake looks tedious but worth making this lego cake to surprise your family or friends.
Ingredients:
  • I made 2 chocolate cakes and cut into half.
  • I made 1 vanilla cake and cut into half
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Sauce:
  1. Sugar- 1Cup
  2. Butter- 6 tbsp
  3. Cream- ½ Cup
  4. Salt- 1tsp
Method:
  1. Melt the sugar in a nonstick deep bottomed saucepan till golden brown color. Take cake not to burn the sugar. Don’t worry when the sugar forms lumps when it melts, stir in between and it will start melting.
  2. When the sugar reaches golden brown color, stir the butter slowly till it gets melted using a whisk.
  3. Slowly add the cream while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for about 1 minute. Switch off the flame and add the salt. Mix and allow to cool completely, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.



Ingredients for Cream Cheese and Whipped Cream Frosting:
  1. Cream cheese- 1 packet (8 oz)
  2. Heavy Whipping Cream- 1 ½ Cups
  3. Sugar- 1 Cup
  4. Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
Method:
  1. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
  2. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold this whipped cream into the above-made cream cheese mixture and keep this in the refrigerator.
Decoration:
  • Golden Sprinkles
  • Chocolate Lego Blocks (see below)
Assembling the cake:
  1. Place one layer of the chocolate cake on the base, spread 2 two spoons full of salted caramel sauce evenly on the cake layer, place the half vanilla cake and spread evenly 2 spoons full of caramel sauce.
  2. Over this place halved chocolate cake and repeat with caramel sauce, chocolate cake, sauce, vanilla cake, sauce and at last with chocolate cake.
  3. Crumb coat the 6 layer cake using cream cheese- whipped cream frosting and keep this in the fridge for some time, around 30 min.
  4. Cover the cake using the remaining frosting and decorate with chocolate lego blocks and golden sprinkles.



Chocolate Lego Blocks:
  1. Melted the white chocolate and add the pink and purple color. Pour this into silicon Lego molds and refrigerate till it becomes hard.
  2. Repeat making legos till you need to cover the cake.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about cake shop in Juhu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...