Karachi biscuits are the most popular and famous biscuits of Hyderabad, which is loaded with full of tutti frutti and which is enjoyed with a good cup of tea and if it is a masala tea then nothing to beat the combination. These are quite addictive. In my house, a box full of this biscuits is finished within no time. These biscuits will always be refilled in my house as soon as this is over. In my house, everyone including my 2-year-old is a big fan of these biscuits.
These biscuits are made with a combination of all-purpose flour along with custard powder and are fully loaded with tutti fruitty, which are candied raw papaya pieces and cashew nuts, which is infused with the lovely flavor of rose by adding the rose essence. Nothing can beat these biscuits in texture, flavor or taste. All the ingredients are well blended and the finished product will be perfectly baked biscuits.
Everyone, from small kids to adults will love this and no one can eat just one. Just follow the recipe and you will get exactly the taste of the store bought biscuits, just that when you cut the dough after taking out from the refrigerator, make sure that they are thin, not thick biscuits. Try this out and let me know.
- All Purpose Flour- 2 Cups
- Custard Powder- ½ Cup
- Butter- ½ Cup
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Milk-3 tbsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Tutti Frutti- ½ Cup
- Cashews- ½ Cup
- Rose Essence- 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugar, till light n fluffy.
- Sieve the flour, custard powder, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the above butter, sugar mixture along with milk. If you feel the dough is too dry, just add enough milk.
- Mix the tutti frutti and cashews well without any lumps. Roll the prepared dough to form rectangular logs or any other desired shape and cover it using cling wrap and freeze it till they are firm. Once firm, remove the dough and cut into even sized biscuits and arrange them on a parchment paper lined a baking tray with a 1-inch gap.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. When done, cool them and store in airtight container.