Monday, November 23, 2015

Apple Jilebi

Last week after seeing so many mouth watering pics of Diwali sweets in many blogs and  FB posts, I was like, I have to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth and so here I am, with an amazing post. First, I was not sure of what I wanted to prepare, but when I was scrolling through my fb post, I saw Pavithra of “dishes from my kitchen” uploading a pic of this lovely dish. As soon as I saw it, I decided that this will be my next post and here it is.


A perfect festive dish. Apple jilebis are fritters soaked in sugar syrup. The sweetness from outside and soft apple inside is a lovely combination. The consistency of the sugar syrup is that of gulab jamun. If you want you can add little bit of red colour to the syrup. Not only almonds, pistachios or saffron can also be sprinkled on top of these jilebis. Just try this out.



Ingredients:
  1. Apple- 2nos
  2. Maida- 1 cup+2 tbsp
  3. Cinnamon Powder- 2tsp
  4. Curd- ¼ cup
  5. Water- as required
For Sugar Syrup:
  1. Water- 1 ½ Cups
  2. Sugar- 1 Cup
  3. Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
For Decoration:
  • Almonds (sliced)- few
Method:
For Sugar syrup:
  • Mix water,sugar and cardamom powder and keep this on medium flame. Stir well till all the sugar gets dissolved and when it becomes ½ thread consistency switch off the flame.

  1. Peel the skin of apples and scoop out the seeds using a sharp ended knife. Slice the apple into perfect rounds and keep this aside.
  2. Mix 2 tbsp of maida along with cinnamon powder and dust the sliced round pieces of apple.
  3. In a bowl mix together remaining maida, curd and required amount of water. Make sure that the batter should not be watery. It should be little thick.
  4. Heat oil for deep frying. Dip each dusted apple slices in the maida batter and slip slowly in hot oil. When they turn golden brown in colour, remove and dip them slowly into the prepared sugar syrup.
  5. When the pieces are completely coated in sugar syrup remove and enjoy these hot apple jilebis as it is or with rabdi or ice cream.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...