I usually try to make something different using chicken to not get bored with the usual Kerala chicken curry. So this time I thought of preparing Andhra style spicy chicken curry and I ended up in Priya's blog. This preparation is a spicy, flavorful and a mouth watering dish which will be loved by all the spice lovers. Andhra cuisine is famous for its hot and spicy dishes and this is one such recipe.
On a cold morning, I was in a mood to eat something spicy and made this amazing dish which is full of flavours and spices. Just try this out and you will fall in love with this....
- Chicken( washed and drained)- 1 kg
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Onions( sliced)- 2 nos
- Tomatoes( chopped)- 2 nos
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
For Masala Powder:
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Cloves- 5- 6 nos
- Cardamom- 2 nos
- Cinnamon- 1" stick
- Black Pepper Corns- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
For Spice Paste:
- Dried Red Chillies- 7- 8 nos
- Ginger and Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces using curd, red chilli powder and salt.
- For the spice paste, soak the dried red chillies in hot water for 15 min. Grind the soaked red chillies, ginger and garlic paste to a smooth paste and keep this aside.
- For the masala powder, roast all the ingredients and when it cools down , grind to a fine powder.
- Heat a kadai, pour oil , fry the onions with a little bit of salt till it turns translucent.
- Add the masala powder and mix till everything is well blended.
- In the above, add the chopped tomatoes and stir till it turns mushy. Add the spice paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Stir well. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook by adding little water on a medium flame, till the chicken pieces become soft. Serve this delicious spicy chicken curry along with hot steaming rice.