This is one of the simplest pickles which I learnt recently. When I went to my SIL’s house for lunch, there were many dishes and among all the dishes, this one caught my attention since it was served in a small bowl. As you all know that I love pickles, I quickly tasted this and it was mind blowing.
My SIL’s mom, who is a wonderful cook,made this as a combination with biryani. The other thing which amazed me was the ingredients which were so simple and easily available in our kitchen. I never thought something as delicious and mouthwatering as this can be made within minutes. So today, here I am sharing the perfect side dish with biryanis. Just try this out.
- Green Chillies- 10- 15 nos
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Tamarind Extract- ¼ Cup
- Curry Leaves- few
- Salt- as per taste
- Pour oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the slitted green chiilies. Fry for sometime by adding salt to the chiilies.
- When it turns soft, add the tamarind extract and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Lower the flame and add the red chilli powder and mix well.
- An amazing and delicious green chilli pickle is ready to serve with biryanis.