In Kerala, we use green grams in various forms, like in curry, stir fried or as thoran (adding coconut) and the sprouted ones I like to have it in the form of salad. This time I made a stir fry by adding garlic, which will be a treat to your taste buds.
This is a very healthy and a nutritious dish, which should be tried by all, especially because it is a perfect nutrition pack for kids.
- Green Gram (sprouts)- 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Garlic- 5-6 Pods
- Red Chillies- 4 nos
- Shallots- 7-8 nos
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1tsp
- Curry Leaves- few
- Salt- as per taste
- Cook the green grams along with salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles.
- Grind garlic, red chillies and shallots coarsely.
- Heat a kadai with oil and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the ground mixture and stir till the raw smell disappears.Mix in the cooked green gram well. Serve with hot steaming rice.