Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aloo Paratha / Potato stuffed Parathas

I dont know why I have become so lazy these days.I have noticed that its been long that I have posted some recipe in my little space. I have seen many of my fellow bloggers are posting almost every alternate day, which is not possible for me at all !!


Whenever I think of posting something, my mind will be interested in something else and so it goes on. So today I have decided that come what may, I have to post 5- 6 recipes in a month (even though there are readers or not… :) )


Today’s yummy recipe is a breakfast dish which will be loved by all and I think is most frequently made dish. Aloo paratha is one of our favorite breakfast thingy, but not made very frequently because of all the calorie worries !! We can also add chat masala, coriander leaves and little aam chur powder for a slight tangy taste. I didn’t add all these as we like it this way. Initially when I tried making this, all the stuffing used to come out, but later on slowly I managed to make it perfectly. I hope you will enjoy this…


Ingredients:
For the dough:
  1. Whole wheat flour- 2 Cups
  2. Salt- as required
  3. Oil- 1 tbsp
  4. Water- to knead
For the stuffing:
  1. Potatoes (boiled)- 3 nos
  2. Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
  3. Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
  4. Ajwain- 1 tbsp
  5. Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
  6. Salt- as per taste
Method:

  1. Mash the boiled potatoes and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep this aside.
  2. Take the whole wheat flour, salt, oil and water in a bowl. Knead well till it forms a dough.
  3. Divide the dough into 8 parts. Dust the working area with wheat flour. Roll the divided dough little and place the potato mixture in the center and seal by pulling the edges together into a ball.
  4. Roll it out carefully with the sealed part on top.
  5. Heat a tawa and place the rolled dough. Apply little oil on top and flip it over to the other side.
  6. Cook both sides well. Apply oil if needed.
  7. Serve this hot along with curd and pickle. Enjoy this amazing dish any time of the day….



3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...