Its been so many days since I updated my blog since I am out on a tour.
This recipe looks like an usual Kerala style chicken curry, but it is the most tastiest curry which I have always loved. This is my Mom’s style of chicken curry, which is rich in gravy and one of the most tastiest curries that my Mom makes. This is loved by all at my home.
I call my Mom as Ummachi, and as this is how she makes chicken curry I have given the name of this curry as “Ummachi’s chicken curry” :-)
Just try it out, I am sure you all will like it.
- Chicken- 1kg
- Red chilli powder- 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as required
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Onions ( chopped)- 2 nos
- Green Chillies ( slited)- 3 nos
- Ginger ( crushed)- 1 tbsp
- Garlic (crushed)- 1 ½ tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1tsp
- Mix all the powders required for marination on the chicken and keep it aside for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Heat a kadai and fry the onions till golden brown in colour. In this add the green chillies and stir well.
- Add the crushed ginger and garlic, stir well till the raw smell disappears. In this add the marinated chicken, salt and mix well.
- Add little water and close with a lid for about 15- 20 minutes or till the chicken is cooked well.
- Add the garam masala powder and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Adjust the water according to the thickness of the gravy. Serve hot with steaming rice or chapatis.