Thursday, December 19, 2013

Easy, Moist and Soft Lemon Cupcakes

Christmas season is around the corner, I can see many blogs filled with yummilicious cakes.Sometimes my little one sits along with me and goes through all the sites which I am checking and she started asking for cakes or cupcakes for school. I was in no mood to bake after all the baking last week. But since it was a rare request from my little one, I started again.


I wanted to bake something which I never did and so I ended up picking these tangy lemon cupcakes. These cupcakes I had made for Diwali mela in school and they were a big hit !!

Thinking about them, I baked again. This would have been better with lemon glaze but since for home baking, I won’t use much sugar, I ended up decorating the cupcakes with sprinkles, which were looking very cute and attractive.



These cupcakes are truly lighter and a perfect “melt in your mouth” type.

Ingredients:
  1. Maida- 1 ¼ Cup
  2. Baking Powder- 1 tsp
  3. Sugar- ¾ Cup
  4. Butter- ½ Cup
  5. Eggs- 2 nos
  6. Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
  7. Lemon Juice- 2 nos
  8. Lemon Zest- 1 no
  9. Milk- ¼ Cup
  10. Sprinkles- Few
Method:

  1. Sieve maida and baking powder thrice and keep it aside.
  2. Beat the eggs and vanilla essence till creamy and fluffy. Cream the butter and sugar to light pale colour. In this add the egg mixture and beat well.
  3. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir well.
  4. Fold the flour and milk to the butter mixture alternately, till everything is well incorporated.
  5. Line baking tray with cupcake liners, pour the batter in each cupcake liner and decorate with some sprinkles on top. Bake for about 20 minutes and enjoy these tangilicious cupcakes.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...