Chicken Cutlets or Spinach cutlets are commonly prepared at home during tea time, but the combination of both chicken and spinach is new since I never thought of trying this before.
As we all know spinach is a rich source of Vitamins, folate, iron, calcium, potassium and the list goes on. It is important to include leafy vegetables like spinach in your diet. Chicken is high in protein and low in saturated fat than red meats. When we combine chicken and spinach, it will be a perfect snack serving you vitamin and proteins...
|Cutlets before frying|
So just go and grab the items which you have in the kitchen and try this healthy and nutritious snack.These can be made ahead of time and store it frozen. When required thaw, deep fry them.
- Chicken- 250 gms
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Spinach (chopped)- 1 Cup
- Potatoes (boiled)- 2 nos
- Onions- 2 nos
- Green Chillies- 3 nos
- Ginger and Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander Leaves (chopped)- ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tbsp
- Garam Masala powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Bread Crumbs- to coat
- Egg- 1 no
- Oil- to fry
- Boil boneless chicken along with turmeric powder pepper powder and salt using little water. When chicken pieces are boiled keep it aside to cool and mince them using a mixer or a food processor.
- Chop the onions and green chillies into small pieces using a hand mixer.
- In a kadai heat oil, fry the onions and green chillies till translucent. Add the ginger and garlic paste, curry leaves and coriander leaves and fry for a while.
- In this add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Stir well and add the spinach leaves, mix well.
- In this add the minced chicken and boiled potatoes. Mix till everything is well blended. Adjust the salt accordingly.
- Meanwhile beat the egg with little salt and the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Switch off the flame and once when it is cool, shape them into small balls and make it in a desired shape.
- Dip them first in beaten egg and then in bread crumbs and fry in oil till brown and crispy. Repeat the process till everything is done. Enjoy this along with tomato ketchup/ green chutney.