Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

You all might be wondering where this girl has disappeared from the blogging world. Actually these days I am really really busy with my school work, regular home stuff, running after my little one and to add to it, I also started hitting the gym due to very heavy coercing from my husband. But the idea of going to a gym is not at all bad as it is a real stress buster. Forgetting all the tension of work, I will be in another world.






Ok now coming to my today’s recipe, its about cookies. The other day when I was cleaning my pantry, I got a big bottle of peanut butter which was idling. We bought that for my little one but she is more interested in nutella. So I thought of trying out cookies from that peanut butter and I remembered the recipe which I had come across in “Laura in the kitchen”. The end result is as you all can see.





Ingredients:
Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen:

  1. All purpose flour / maida- 1 ½ cups
  2. Baking Soda- ½ tsp
  3. Salt- a pinch
  4. Butter- ½ Cup
  5. Sugar- 1cup
  6. Egg- 1no
  7. Vanilla extract- 1tsp
  8. Peanut Butter- ¾ cup
Method:
  1. Cream together the butter and sugar till it turns out to be creamy and fluffy. In this add the egg and continue to mix till combined.
  2. In this add the peanut butter and the vanilla extract and mix well.
  3. Add the dry ingredients one by one i.e all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well till everything is well combined.
  4. Scoop it on a baking tray and flatten the cookies using your fingers or the back of a spoon. Decorate it as you want and bake in a preheated oven of 170 degrees C for about 15- 20 minutes or till golden around the edges.
  5. When it is done transfer it on a wire rack and cool completely.






9 comments:

  1. So soon we will see slim, fit Zareena :-) Good actually that you are giving some good quality time to yourself... These peanut cookies are to die for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks crispy and yummy cookies
    http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect tempting cookies...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my weakness, love these scrumptious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi zareena, i always love peanut butter and your chips looks delicious and crunchy... yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! These cookies look sooo delicious!!! Love the different shaped choc chips - I've never seen them before but they look fantastic!!

    What a lovely blog you have! As fellow foodies we can't wait to read more! New follower here :)

    Have a lovely day,

    Chloe & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies look wonderful! Such a lovely presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there - stumbled across your blog and love. I write the ABCD's of Cooking and I'm coming to Bangalore actually this Friday. I'll be visiting some Bangalore eateries and covering it for Serious Eats. Just wanted to reach out and see if you'd like to meet up!

    Best,
    Chitra
    chitra66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...