This time again it is a cake recipe. I made this so many times, but this is the first time I am posting this recipe coz this time I managed to take photos before it got over :-).
This is one of my favorites, as I like the unique banana flavor and the soft texture. The ripe bananas are mashed and added in the batter and when it is done, it is cut into slices. This cake is best served warm with a slight spread of butter. In this cake, we can add any of the nuts we want. This is a perfect tea time cake and kids will also love this to have them after coming back from school.
- Butter- ½ cup
- Sugar- ¾ cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1tsp
- Bananas- 2 nos
- All purpose flour / Maida- 1 ½ cup
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Mix the butter and sugar well in a bowl till it becomes creamy and pale in colour. In this add the vanilla essence and egg and mix well.
- Mash the bananas and add them in the above mixture and mix well with a spoon without any lumps.
- Add the all purpose flour and milk alternately till everything is well incorporated.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Pour the prepared batter in a greased loaf pan and bake for about 40 min or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- When it is done cool on a wire rack and decorate on top as required.
I am sending this to Bake Fest