Monday, March 7, 2011

Tangdi Kabab

Kabab refers to a variety of meat dishes consisting of grilled or broiled meats on stick or skewer. I tried this so many times and it is a hit among friends and family. This time also I thought of making this kabab as we had some guests for lunch and as I was preparing the menu my Husband told me to include this as they were huge fans of chicken.
You want to know how I learned this method? This is from a book called Sanjeev kapoor’s Khana khazana. I got this from one of my friend who is a pure vegetarian and she got this set of khana khazana books as a wedding gift.




Ingredients:
  1. Chicken drumsticks- 4nos
  2. Lemon Juice- ½ tbsp
  3. Ginger and garlic paste- 1tbsp
  4. Green chillies (chopped)-2nos
  5. Curd- ½ cup
  6. Gram flour / Besan- 1tbsp
  7. Turmeric powder- 1tbsp
  8. Garam Masala powder- 1tsp
  9. Red chilli powder (kashmiri)- 1tsp
  10. Salt- as required

Method:
  1. Clean and drain the chicken drumsticks with kitchen towel. Make 3-4 long deep incisions and apply lemon juice and keep aside.
  2. Hang curd in a muslin cloth for about 30 minutes to drain off excess water.
  3. Roast the gram flour in a low heat and mix this along with hung curd, green chillies, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
  4. Marinate chicken drumsticks with the above mixture and refrigerate for almost 2 hours.
  5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and this for 5 minutes in an oven proof bowl. Now reduce the oven temparature to 180 degrees C and cook for 30- 40 minutes or till it is completly cooked. In between turn the drumsticks couple of times for even cooking.
  6. Serve hot.

I am sending this to Treat to eyes series, hosted by Rumana.

15 comments:

  1. i cant see the pic dear...nice recipe though ..love this..
    i ll b back to see the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Soumya and Reshmi, they were crispy.
    Please visit again Sarah (how ever the pics are not as good as yours..:))
    Thank you soo much Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kebabs, can't resist to this yummy creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe.... Bt nt able to view the pics dear,, dunno wts da probs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not able to view the snaps.... wt happened?? wished to view those yummy kababs.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry friends, there was some error in my gmail. But everything is solved, I hope now everyone can see the snaps...
    If not please send me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi zareena.luks yummy....ths s my husband's fav..but we make it a diff way by minsing the chkn and making patties out f them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks awesome Zareena..will def be a must try for me.
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zareena, the kebaba looks very appetizing! I'm sure it tasted even better- good job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious and tempting!

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello

    Good Day, The information here is very useful.I'm looking forward to read more of your post.

    -Kathy
    www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much friends, for all your lovely, encouraging and sweet comments.
    Kathy, thanks for visiting my space and its a great pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...