Saturday, March 19, 2011

Date Love (Sweet with dates)


I dont know why this dish is called as “date love”. Maybe someone who tasted this dish, fell in love with this and so they named it :)

The ingredients used in this dish are so simple and healthy. Dates  are a staple food of the middle east for nearly thousand of years. The word “date” comes from the Greek “daktulos” which means “finger”. Dates are used in many dishes. Chopped dates are used in many sweets, savory dishes and dessert items.  Dates have a high tannin content and are used as a detersive and astringent in intestinal troubles. I think the information about dates is enough and I am not wasting your time with trivial stories :-).

I am sure you all would love this. So here is  the recipe.



Ingredients:
  1. Dates (seedless)- 100gms
  2. Ghee- 1tsp
  3. Sugar- 80gms (as per your tastebuds)
  4. Milk- 10ml
  5. Cardamom powder- 1tsp
  6. Pista / Cashew- for garnishing

Method:
  1. Grind dates to a fine paste by adding little water if required.
  2. Boil milk and low the flame and add ghee, sugar and cardomom powder.
  3. Cook till it becomes a smooth paste by stirring in between. Garnish with cashews or pista flakes.
Note:
You can adjust the sugar as per the sweetness in the dates.


16 comments:

  1. These look awesome...I am not a great date fan...but seeing ur recipe...I think I shud buy some and try this out...

    FunWidFud

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting n healthy Zareena..lovely click..
    Happy holi dear..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Reshmi, I am also not a big fan of dates, but this tasted so yummm.. that I became a fan of this.
    Thank you Soumya for your lovely note.
    Thank you Jay and Happy Holi to you too.
    A warm welcome Aruna and thanks for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice recipe..looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so yummy that even i can fall in love with it....You have a nice space...following You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice date-dish..Hey I would like to share a lovely blog award for u. I mentioned that in my last blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful treat..must try it as my hubby is a big fan of dates :))
    Liked the name too :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the lovely comment in my blog... You have a beautiful space here too.. and I love dates any time of the day.. thts a great recipe and so glad to follow you.
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful recipe dear...really a healthy dessert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healthy and yummy! Must try this some time..


    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. first time here ur dates recipe looks yummy pls visit my space when time permits

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sarah, Aipi, Rumana, Suhaina and Palatable for all your wonderful and encouraging notes. You all rock.
    Authenticoriyafood- A warm welcome to my space and thank you so much for your lovely comment. I never tasted Oriya food. So will try yours for sure.. :)
    Hey Deepa, thanks a lot for sharing the award with me. Will sure visit and take it.
    Thank you so much Rachu for visiting my blog.
    Thank you Jaisy for your lovely comment. Will sure gonna visit your blog soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the recipe ...looks absolutely yummm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...